The Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif has launched a Punjab Youth Internship Program. One the instructions of the Shahbaz Sharif, an internship program has been launched by the PML-N in Punjab province. This program is developed especially for youth for the first time in the history of Pakistan. The PYIP Punjab Youth Internship Program will be beneficial for the more than 50,000 graduates students this year. This type of youth employment program in Punjab can be launched by only the Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif.
According to this program, the internees will be paid on monthly basis @ Rs. 10,000 per month during their internship period, and after completing the internship they will be employed under government or private sectors according to their technical skills, expertise, and academic qualifications. The process will goes on merit basis. Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif has suggested this program to strengthen the youth of our country and equip it with tall required technical or non technical skills.
Following is the eligibility criteria to take a part in the (PYIP):-
- Candidate must be post graduated or holding masters degree with 16 years of qualification.
- The degree must be from the HEC recognized university or college.
- The students who has graduated this year i.e. 2012-2012 will be given preference.
- Candidate must be under 30.
- Candidate must be a residence of Punjab with Punjab Domicile.
- Candidate must have a valid computerized national identity card (CNIC).
The Punjab Youth Internship Program will prove to be a beneficial campaign for the fresh students by giving the jobs in government and private sector of Pakistan. They will also get paid during their internship program. This is a great effort of Chief Minister Punjab Mian Shahbaz Sharif that our students will equip with technical skills and professionalism.